Bankruptcies can commonly be illustrated as “liquidation” (Chapter7), or “reorganization” (Chapter 13). A customer requests the bankruptcy court to discharge the owed debts. But, it is not possible to discharge certain debts. In Chapter 7 cases, several forms have to be filed through the bankruptcy court. The entire procedure takes between 4 and 6 months. The fee is waived for individuals who avail public assistance or live beneath the poverty level. However, it is advisable that people looking to file such petitions should seek assistance from a competent chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney.Major roles of a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney:* Analyzes financial situation of the debtor (in light of the legal eligibility) for filing of bankruptcy
* Advises debtor to undertake credit counseling sessions as a pre-requisite for chapter 7
* Works on the repayment plan, which has been developed through credit counseling
What to look for while hiring a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney?
1. Experience: You should choose an attorney who has at least 5 years of bankruptcy filing practice. Experienced lawyers can identify the pros and cons of a case in a much better way.
2. Credentials: Your attorney should be certified by at least one of these: the American Bankruptcy Institute or who are members of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA).
3. Case Load: Since you will be keen to hire a reputed attorney, make sure that his/her case load is not too high to devote sufficient time to your case. The lawyer should have enough time to hear your case, do the relevant research work, and provide a quality representation.
4. Law Firm: Your bankruptcy attorney’s team (even paralegal staff) should be polite, knowledgeable, and professional with in-depth understanding of the bankruptcy laws.
5. Convenience: Select a lawyer in your vicinity to facilitate communication between you and the legal expert. You may need to visit your attorney a number of times to clear his/her as well as your doubts relating to the case. Also, go for a lawyer who gives preliminary free consultation. All these, will ensure that you win the rewards after filing your bankruptcy case.
If you want to know, whether you really need any Chapter 7 bankruptcy attorney- Red Bank (TN) dwellers, as well as other citizens of the Southeast Tennessee region can visit the law firm of Eron Epstein. Alternatively you may consult their official website- moneyproblems.com. Eron’s law firm is known to offer high-quality legal consultation at extremely affordable charges!